MS fingerprint reader.

the old man 15:31 13 Jun 2010

Peeps, need help urgently. Does anyone know how to go into the boot up to try and disable the fingerprint reader. Windows cannot load until this happens. The only registered people who used it in the past have left the company. This has come about for god knows what reason when the computer was sluggish on Friday and I rebooted. Windows wanted to update 18 changes. I let it happen. Big Mistake. When the computer rebooted I was faced with this bit of software asking for me to put designated fingerprint onto the reader. ????
Until I can get into windows and uninstall the software I cannot get any work done and everything is on there and not backed up. I have been working at this place for only 3 months.
Please help

Sea Urchin 15:40 13 Jun 2010

What I don't understand is how you have been accessing the computer for the last 3 months if there is nobody with a registered finger in the company.

the old man 15:41 13 Jun 2010

Forgot to add that I am using XP Professional

the old man 15:42 13 Jun 2010

The software has been disabled.

Sea Urchin 15:47 13 Jun 2010

But if it is denying you access it's surely not disabled?

the old man 15:51 13 Jun 2010

I turn off the computer every night. When I switch it back on in the morning it boots straight to windows. After these 18 updates that were downloaded on Friday, the Software appeared. Hence the problem. I did not have a clue what I was looking at. I have rebooted with a different keyboard and the same thing comes up and it says it cannot detect the fingerprint reader.

bremner 15:57 13 Jun 2010

Try booting to Safe Mode and restore back before the updates.

Sea Urchin 15:59 13 Jun 2010

Was just going to say that - I agree

Sea Urchin 16:00 13 Jun 2010

..... and if that works OK the first thing you should do is uninstall the fingerprint reader software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?