Ms Excel Problem

aitch2 13:48 05 May 2007

I find that i can open EXCEL from the desktop and I will get the usual clear screen for a new document. However, when I try to access/open an existing Excel file form hard disk/ floppy or usb stick, although the egg timer comes, up it will not open that file. Have repaired (excel)and reinstalled(Office) and still the problem exists. I am getting the following information from the error report:
szAppName :EXCEL.EXE sz AppVer 9.0.9.8216
azModName : hungapp az ModVer:0.0.0.0 offset: 00000000
I'm using Office2000Premium and WinXP+SP2, all up to date and no conflicts on the system. Any help or suggestions much appreciated
Aitch2

VoG II 13:55 05 May 2007

Tools > Options > General tab. Make sure 'Ignore other applications' is unticked.

aitch2 14:01 05 May 2007

Thanks VoG. Have tried your suggestion but 'Ignore other applications' is already unticked, so problem is still exists.

VoG II 14:05 05 May 2007

Possibly click here

aitch2 14:32 05 May 2007

Have tried your 'click here' and followed through the details, but unfortunately I still have the same problems as before. It's only since yesterday have this problem arisen and nothing has been added or done that is out of the ordinary. I'm very regular with the upkeep of the machine, norton,adaware, spyware etc and it's defragged once a month. No conflicts on the system. I'm just wondering whether another delete and re-install will solve the problem now.
Aitch2

johnnyrocker 16:56 05 May 2007

if xp what about system restore?

johnny.

aitch2 15:56 06 May 2007

Sorry for the delay in replying, been working night shift.
Tried System Restore, no solution, same problem. Have done an uninstall on Office and a clean re-install, as well as checking all updates. Problem still exists.
When I open the files from the floppy disk/ usb stick using my laptop(win XP+SP2)there is no problem whatsoever and the files open as per normal. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any other suggestions much appreciated.
Aitch2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?