MS Error Report on opening DVDPlus

lightfeet 12:16 09 Apr 2004

Have installed Serif DVDPlus but am unable to start it. When trying to open the program a Microsoft error report is displayed which says ‘DVDPlus MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close’. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the program but still get the same response (When uninstalling a message stated 'Cannot delete gearsec. Access is denied.')
Can anyone suggest how I can investigate the cause of this problem?
I have tried to contact Serif but of course they are closed for the Bank Holiday until Tuesday & I wanted to use the program over the weekend

bretsky 14:48 09 Apr 2004

This may point you in the right direction click here

bretsky ;0)

lightfeet 07:14 11 Apr 2004

Thanks, bretsky for your reply. Interesting link which has lead me to others. It seems it's a common difficulty but surprisingly nowhere is a solution shown. When/if solution is found I will post here

lightfeet 07:34 21 Apr 2004

Serif Support has replied to my email & requested list of details on all of my MFC files.
From their forum it appears this problem has been in existence for over 12 months, so I don't expect a rapid solution.

I will tick resolved box & if/when Serif comes up with a solution I will update this thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone