MS Backup rejects some mail boxes

Connaught 09:59 17 Jan 2003
  Connaught 09:59 17 Jan 2003

I have Win 98 and have tried to use MS Backup to back up to CD RW. Having selected the files which includes the Outlook express emails, the program in its report backs up everything with the exception two email .dbx files because it says they were busy. Outlook express was dormant at the time so it seems crazy. I have tried again and again. Out of 3568 files, 3566 were properly backed up. Does anyone know what is happening please?

Connaught

DieSse 10:47 17 Jan 2003

When you say "dormant" - do you mean closed, or open and doing nothing. At the very least it will probably have to be closed.

Connaught 15:42 17 Jan 2003

For DieSse

Sorry I meant closed.

If you can help I will be grateful.

Thanks

Connaught

DieSse 16:35 17 Jan 2003

Mmm - strange.

Are the .dbx files part of the standard set (Inbox, Outbox, etc) - or some you have set up?

Have you got anything running permanently which may involve your mail folders - an email checker, for instance?

Try closing down all the running tasks except the essential ones - does it work then? - If it does you can find the culprit by elimination.

Connaught 21:00 19 Jan 2003

Thanks DieSse

Disabled Symantec antivrus and back up worked. Its strange the antivirus prog must be kicking at files even though they are closed!

Thanks anyway

Connaught

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?