ms antispyware no run on win me

holly polly 18:42 29 Apr 2005

Hi after reading pca advisors latest edition i thought i'd give microsofts beta a work out ,the download page clearly showed that the supported platforms were win xp ,2000,me and 98 -how is it then when i try to install get the error please install on a pc running win 2000 or greater -wish i hadnt bothered now -is this gunna be the trend of microsoft -not to write anymore software for the older platforms ,slowly pressure you out -bite the bullet and use xp ,i would love to use xp i have a shiny copy of xp pro tried numerous times to run it ,run fine until conected to internet and then crashed ,posted for help at the time but no-one came up with any suggestions ,see Mr Gates we all cannot go your way -------

Regards -Hol Pol...

VoG II 18:45 29 Apr 2005

click here makes it clear that it only runs on 2000, CP or 2003.

Curio 18:47 29 Apr 2005

Counterspy is Equivalent. Runs on ME.click here
You have to pay for it though

bof:) 18:52 29 Apr 2005

Hi Holly Polly, can you provide a link to the posting you did for not connecting to the internet. Thanks,

Mike

Ps yes personally I think this is the way Microsoft are going. I think they have stopped writing fixes for Windows98 as it is, although I may be wrong.

Mike

holly polly 18:54 29 Apr 2005

yes vog many thanks seen that followed the pca link in downloads security /antispyware and clearly showed that the platforms i stated earlier were supported .
so all in all everything is xp orientated then?-hol pol...

holly polly 18:58 29 Apr 2005

click here

see it clearly says it does

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie