MS Antispyware

Jackcoms 08:07 24 Jun 2005

There's another thread in the forum about the latest release of MS Antispyware, which I haven't yet tried.

I've now decided to take the plunge and give it a go.

HOWEVER, I already use Spybot S & D, SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard and AdAware.

Is the MS software designed to replace any or all of these or should it be used as an extra layer of protection? Just how much malware protection do you need??!!

pat-212841 08:32 24 Jun 2005

I have MS anitispyware and all the others you have and more i find they all pick up different things and 'MS Antispyware' is good

ventanas 08:33 24 Jun 2005

I have most of what you use, except Spywareguard, and use the MS program alongside. As Gandalph said in the other thread, its totally stable, and very, very good.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:33 24 Jun 2005

I only use MS Antispy and none of the others. It is excellent but you can use the others as well but I think you will find that you never need them.

G

rawprawn 08:48 24 Jun 2005

Go ahead Craig and take the plunge, I use them all very successfully.

Jackcoms 16:20 24 Jun 2005

Thanks all.

Just downloaded and installed it on my daughter's laptop (it's running a scan as I type on this PC).

Must admit, it's very user friendly and I like the fact that in runs in the background to block any 'threats' as well as scanning and cleaning.

The cynic in me wonders if M$ will levy a charge for the final version?? I'm a great advocate of freeware ;-(

Pooke 16:25 24 Jun 2005

I have antispyware and ad-aware only, I think it's more than suffice. I do hope it stays free aswell, from what I know it is to be kept FOC

Pooke

ventanas 16:37 24 Jun 2005

Microsoft announced some time ago that the program will remain free when it comes out of beta.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?