MS Access help needed

Mike D 14:57 16 Jun 2004

I am in the throes of setting up a simple database for a car sales business, with a fairly normal array of tables - stock (cars), customers, service work orders (there will be more tables, I am still working on this). When a car is sold can I make the entry for that car disappear from the stock table and move to a "sold" table?

I guess that answer is "Yes", but can someone please tell me how to do it? Please keep it simple, I am feeling cerebrally challenged!

Mike

rogertjj 15:13 16 Jun 2004

Could you not just have another field on the Stock table that flags when a car is sold ? I think that would make it easier, but someone else may have a better suggestion. You could then 'build' a Sold table from the Sold indicator on the Stock table. If that makes any sense.....

Mike D 15:59 17 Jun 2004

rogertjj

Thanks for your reply and suggestion, I will give it a go.

Mike

AccessMoron 20:41 17 Jun 2004

Put an number field into the stock table that indicates if a car has been sold, is stock or u are just servicing it. Link this field to a lookup table that gives U the options for a car (Stock, Service, Sold, etc.) Then query this field in the stock form. (so you only store cars in one table)

Mike D 07:44 18 Jun 2004

AccessMoron

OK this one looks hopeful - thanks very much.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?