Mr. Site - Takeaway Website

Solartopi 14:16 17 Aug 2007

Hi Folks,

Has any one heard of the above Website Software to Create Your Own Website. It's going for almost Half Price in one of the big computer stores. The price is fantastic I'm tempted to buy.

Can any one give me some info on this please.

Solartopi

mco 14:23 17 Aug 2007

seen it in various shops. I'm sure it's ok and will do the job, but then so will other wysiwyg webdesign programs you can get either for free (like serifwebplus6) or free with a pc mag (like older versions of netobjects) so it's not necessarily a saving.

Solartopi 19:47 17 Aug 2007

mco,

It's very hard to get the one that easy & fits your purpose.

There are so many. At present I'm using WebsiteX5 from PCA. It's Free but very limited with what it allows you to do.

Solartopi

mco 10:10 18 Aug 2007

but you must want to a lot presumably, because I'd have thought most webdesign programs allowed you to do a fair amount.. netobjects fusion being one. Are you looking more for a hosting package that gives you forums/secure shopping/blogs etc, or is it stuff in the actual design of the site? I looked at Mr Site and saw that it offers the domainname and hosting in addition to online webbuilding so I suppose it is an all-in package - but again, some hosting packages do that too (though at various prices)

kumo22 19:59 18 Aug 2007

I use serif webplus 9 which is very capable. You should be able to buy this cheaply as there is a more recent version. Serif also has a good advice line (UK telephone number) and the serif website has a great forum section.

kumo22 20:19 18 Aug 2007

I use serif webplus 9 which is very capable. You should be able to buy this cheaply as there is a more recent version. Serif also has a good advice line (UK telephone number) and the serif website has a great forum section.

Solartopi 16:29 19 Aug 2007

mco, kumo22,

Thanks once again for all the info. Yes, I to saw their website & it looks an All In One package. I think I saw £2.49 per Month.

I'm just playing around & learning with WebSiteX5.

It has a TEST button so you can even see your website as if it were on the Net. It's the FREE Version & very limited, so I'll wait & see.

Solartopi

mco 18:00 19 Aug 2007

Just had a look at website x5 myself; I don't think it's that limited; really depends on what you want to do - do you have something specific in mind? Re the 'test' button, all programs should have a 'preview' or test button to show you how they'd look online. Some, like mr site, are actually made online anyway.

Solartopi 20:00 19 Aug 2007

mco,

Well there's two things I wish to do 1. Build a Family Website (Like Family History) 2. A website for my writing.

I like WebSiteX5 I have the Evolution Free Version from PCA July Magazine.

My page contents are on the Veritical Menu on the Left. The Horizontal Menus not available for the Free version. I can only have a Total of FIVE Levels & pages inclusive. As I go I find out the Limitations. Of course, the Paid Version will not have these restrictions.

Solartopi

Solartopi 17:05 24 Aug 2007

Hi All,

Thanks for all your Help & advise.

Solartopi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?