Mr Frank Church

Bentheika 22:42 25 Feb 2005

My wife was playing a game on playandwin with AOL Broadband whenshe was cut off,then AOL tried to connect us back again but to no avail.AOL engineers have tried every thing but to no avail,they now tell me that my dun-ras files are missing that connect us to AOL Broadband and they can't help me they told me to go to my computers manafacturers IBM they sat its microsoft not them,microsoft can't help us as we have Windows Me and they have only got XP.I have tied to get a Windows Me disc to install the file again but to no avail.Please you are my last resort.Can anyone find a Windows Me disc with authority to use it.

VoG II 22:43 25 Feb 2005

Try running System Restore to before things went pear shaped.

kinger 22:45 25 Feb 2005

The original restore disk should have the OS embedded into it. Just do that and you'll get it all back again.

You may need to reinstall AOL though, sadly.

VoG II 22:45 25 Feb 2005

And if that doesn't work click here

Bentheika 23:00 25 Feb 2005

Hve tried system restore I could only go back one week and this didn't work.I have two IBM Product Recovery CD'S 1&2 have put them on closed down restarted the computer again but nothing happens,am I doing something wrong I have tried several times.

VoG II 23:03 25 Feb 2005

Is there a recovery floppy as well that "launches" the CDs.

Please note that running recovery CDs will lose all your documents.

Bentheika 23:07 25 Feb 2005

Yes I have a floppy disc but I have never tried this together,do you put them all on together close down then start up again,I'm a beginner. Thankyou

VoG II 23:11 25 Feb 2005

Put the floppy in the drive then restart. You should then be prompted to insetrt the CDs as required.

You do realise that you will lose all your documents, e-mails and so on, don't you?

Doing this will give you the equivalent of a factory-fresh PC.

Bentheika 23:15 25 Feb 2005

I have no documents on the computer and AOL saves my emails,Thankyou very much I will try this in the morning I will let you know how I get on.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:19 26 Feb 2005

I tried putting my floppy disc on my IBM computer the floppy disc reads IBM Monitor Installation Disk Applicable Machine Types 6332 version 1.00,and the computer screen reads invalid disk,Ialso tried to put my IBM Product Recovery CD'S 1&2 also without any luck.Please can you help me still further.Thankyou.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:28 26 Feb 2005

Put CD in the CD rom drive

place floppy in the floppy drive

Restart the computer.

It should now start the restore procedure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?