mpeg playbacks dark

johnnyrocker 09:33 07 Jul 2006

i have this problem which ever player i use, the web pages are bright enough and i can play all videos ok through my tv but on the monitor the quality is just that bit too dark, monitor is mitsubishi diamond pro 730 and i have reset it back to factory condition with no results. running xp pro sp2.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 10:52 07 Jul 2006

no one want a shot?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 18:17 07 Jul 2006

evening shift?

johnny.

De Marcus™ 20:42 07 Jul 2006

Which decoder do you have installed?

johnnyrocker 23:37 07 Jul 2006

i have a few of them including, g spot, k lite mega pack, xp codec pack, prob seems to be getting a tad worse over time, dont know if it is connected but i posted a prev prob re pics taken from my camera to pc being dark and needing improving in irfanview by increasing the gamma levels.

johnny.

De Marcus™ 23:40 07 Jul 2006

It would be a very strange coincidence for different programs, file types, situations to produce similar sort of effects when viewing on screen. My first impressions are to try calibrating the screen, and if you've done this before, try doing it again.

johnnyrocker 23:44 07 Jul 2006

i have done it before as a suggestion for pic prob, but it produced no improvement so i continued to increase the gamma content of my pics to make them viewable on pc, but they are ok if i send them to someone else.

johnny.

De Marcus™ 23:51 07 Jul 2006

It's certainly a strange problem jonny, have you tried updating graphics card drivers?

johnnyrocker 23:52 07 Jul 2006

yep did that a few weeks ago. but thanks for help/ideas.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 09:45 08 Jul 2006

weekenders?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017