mpeg to play on dvd player

fredyflame 22:15 19 Jan 2005

How do i get my mpegs onto a cd to play on my stand alone dvd player??

PA28 22:17 19 Jan 2005

Copy them using Nero or similar. Check your DVD player supports this function - not all do.

fredyflame 22:30 19 Jan 2005

when you say copy them do you just mean make a cd with the mpeg movie
My dvd player is from asda and will play a saucer if i put it in

Bapou 22:32 19 Jan 2005

If you don't have Nero or similar a good alternative is to use video authoring software such as Ulead Video Studio 8 click here
A free trial is available.

Noelg23 22:34 19 Jan 2005

really your best bet...if you have a DVD writer is to download and use DVD Santa click here it can convert from AVI, MPG, etc to DVD without any hassle..only takes about 2-3hrs...then copy onto DVD and play away...

KENTMAN2 22:37 19 Jan 2005

Im watching this one as ive ive got an asda one as well and want to know how to convert my clips to play on it.

Bapou 22:37 19 Jan 2005

I have one of ASDA's finest, the Pacific DVD900. for the princely sum of £29.74 and it will play an Mpeg copied on to a CD.

You are right ASDAS will play anything.

Noelg23 22:42 19 Jan 2005

you say it will play anything...I have the same one if I think its the one your talking about and the AVI files I have converted to DVD take a while to load up on the player but no trouble playing on both my drives on my PC...so be careful...yes it will play them but takes a while i suppose...

User-312386 22:50 19 Jan 2005

use dvd santa click here as Noelg23 has said

It takes about 2 hours to convert an mpeg to dvd, obviously depending on the size of the files

Bapou 22:52 19 Jan 2005

I've used Movie Maker 2 saved to compter as WMV then converted to Mpeg1 via the free TMPGencoder click here. Copied the file as a Data file with Nero to CD and played without any undue delay.

fredyflame 22:52 19 Jan 2005

I recorded this video from my tv capture card
I have made a cd using pinnacle 9 which took ages I want to see if there is a quicker way
also my pc does not now like the cd
the file i recorded is 1.9 gig
I have just tried to make a video cd with nero 6 from itIbut it told me I did not have the right codecs i hate these damn codec messages cause I can never find the things to download!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?