MPAK ?

podlod 11:03 23 Feb 2010

Hi, I have a document that reads E/MPAK, E obviously being my drive but I do not know what MPAK stands for, only it is taking up 1.53GB and i have looked in properties but it does not tell me.Is there a way to find out what this document is before I delete?, as it may disrupt my pc. Thank you

gengiscant 11:09 23 Feb 2010

Maybe something here.
click here

MAJ 11:10 23 Feb 2010

It could be some sort of backup folder, podlod. click here What is your E: drive, an external drive, an internal drive or a partition on your C: drive?

podlod 10:05 26 Feb 2010

Hi, I went through the website search engine and a game came up reading Battlestations, and other info. I played this game before Xmas and deleted after. But still worried whether to delete MPAK? what to do?

MAJ 10:15 26 Feb 2010

You call it a "document" which would normally indicate a file rather than a folder but I have never seen a 1.5GB document. Anyhow, take a copy of it and save it somewhere else, then delete the original, if you see no adverse effects after a few days you can delete the copy. It's not a Windows file/folder in any case.

podlod 10:04 27 Feb 2010

Hi, thanks MAJ I will give it a go and see what happens and let you know how I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?