MP3s and DVDs won't work on Amilo m7400

stuj77 13:19 26 Mar 2006

A relative of mine has got a Siemans Amilo m7400 and recently had to reformat the hard drive due to problems. Now it will not play dvds and mp3s. From looking on the net it seems to suggest that i need to get adriver for the sound card, but i cant find out the name of the sound card to go the companys website to get the driver.

I have also heard from someone else that if you uninstall the old windows media player and install the new one (version 10) it will solve the problem. Any ideas??

Stuj77

Totally-braindead 17:00 26 Mar 2006

click here if you key in the ident key to the bottom left you should be able to get all the drivers, alternatively click here .Regarding playing MP3s your present media player should be able to do it but Media Player 10 is available for free download from Microsoft and I think its quite good, you don't have to delete the old one it just installs over the top. If the sound driver is not installed then regardless of what player you use you will get no sound. You need the sound drivers. As far as I know Media player does not play DVDs as standard and you need a codec as well. I'm not sure about this as I like PowerDVD and use that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?