mp3 tagging help

shauny36 20:22 08 Mar 2009

i have a large collection of music which i want to copy every track list from my collection to a txt document so i can do a search for a certain song and know which disc its on. can itunes do this.
have also got mp3 tag and a couple others but not sure how to use them and if they will do what i want.

any ideas

shauny36 20:00 26 Mar 2009

anybody have any ideas or need more info.

canarieslover 20:17 26 Mar 2009

1st MP3 Tag Editor can export to Excel but opens up a new sheet each time. You can cut n paste to original sheet to keep everything in one sheet. Probably as easy to search in Excel as it is in anything else. click here Its a shareware program so its only a trial for 30 days.

shauny36 20:27 26 Mar 2009

does not get very good reviews but will give it ago

I am Spartacus 20:29 26 Mar 2009

You can do it from within iTunes but it has some flaws. Create a new playlist and copy all albums into it. File, Library, Export Playlist then gives the option to save as a text file. This can be imported into Excel using commas as the delimiters. However any Album Titles, Artists, Genre etc, that have a comma within the field will cause misalignment within the Excel rows that have to be manually corrected. Also it doesn't include every tag.

It works but requires the above manual intervention to correct. In my example I imported around 4000 songs of which around 300 required correction.

shauny36 20:34 26 Mar 2009

have got to get through 8,500 ALBUMS.
and will have to load disc after disc. am i biting of a bit to much.

I am Spartacus 20:38 26 Mar 2009

Should only take a couple of months or so:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?