mp3 tagging

coxonsglasses 02:49 31 Jan 2007

I've got a new mp3 player (Creative Zen, whoopee) and am gradually transferring all my CDs into mp3s to port to the player. However, I'm finding some problems with the songs due to the tagging. For example, a folder of Gorillaz live songs couldn't be tagged by Media Player or the Zen software, as it's not a 'proper' CD, so it comes up as 'Untitled Album' within the player itself when selecting a song. Of course, this is very irritating and I'd like to be able to rename the folder something more relevant so that I can find it more easily. Another bugbear, for example, is The Strokes having been labelled by the track finder on Media Player as 'Strokes, The', which is something else I can't change. Annoyance!
So, is there a program that I can use to change these tags and iron out these (admittedly pedantic) flaws with my player? I've tried renaming the files within the player window in Windows, with Media Player and with the software that comes with it, all to no avail. Any help will be much appreciated!

vinnyT 04:39 31 Jan 2007

This works;

Mp3Tagger allows you to manage the song info stored in mp3 files, create playlists, and rename mp3s.

click here

vinnyT 04:40 31 Jan 2007

PS. it's free

dogbreath1 09:27 31 Jan 2007

Having tried a few such apps, my preferred option is Tag&Rename. It's not free but it is excellent.

click here

It uses a nifty mask to save tags in your preferred format, can obtain tags from file names and can display tags in various styles (eg. capitalised).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:02 31 Jan 2007

ID3 tag it click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?