MP3 Players For Xmas

sean-278262 21:08 26 Oct 2004

I have decided to take the plunge and buy a hard disk Mp3 player. But here in lies my problem, which one.

I have narrowed my field down considerably by what i want and need.

1. I deffinately dont want an ipod, mainly for its battery life, but also for the fact that everyone seems to have one and they are a prime target for theves.

2. i have a fairly expansive mp3 collection of about 15gb and i still havent encoded all the CDs in my collection yet. So working from this I am guessing a 20gb player will not do for my needs as i would also use it as an external hdd.So a 40gb or more will be in order.

So I am looking for suggestions for a player.I have no set budget so anything goes at the minute.

But as a note I like gadgets so the more it does the better. Anyone with a Hard drive mp3 player I would love to hear your comments on the player and what you considered when buying it.

Thanks a lot
Creature

P.S. If you know of any european sites that sell mp3 players cheaper than advanced mp3 players as I would like to get the best price possible.

sean-278262 12:20 27 Oct 2004

i am just posting this to bring the thread to the front page for peoples ideas. I suppose 9 pm last night wasn't the best time to ask this question. so here goes again.

pj123 14:23 27 Oct 2004
  Kate B 15:47 27 Oct 2004

have another look at the iPod range - the new one, announced today, has up to 60GB and a 15hr battery life, which should hold most people's record libraries and last you a flight to Bangkok or Hong Kong.

I know they're kind of ubiquitous but they're also wonderful - I've just ordered my third, the new photo iPod. I wouldn't have any other type of hard-drive music jukebox.

sean-278262 15:57 27 Oct 2004

As I said before some people like the ipod but I have never liked it finding it too expensive when compared with other players with the same features.

My opinion is that it is over engineered and overpriced. I have no problem with apples at all infact I currently wish I had one due to my pcs constant crashing, I have also worked for apple and really think that Ipods are not worth the extra cash when I could pick up a player with all the features found on an Ipod and more besides. take the ihp140 for instance.

But thank you for your input and I hope your Ipod gives you many hours of pleasure.

Magik ®© 16:51 27 Oct 2004

iRiver.. holds about 14000 tracks, does it all except make the tea......best toy i have ever got..

sean-278262 17:07 27 Oct 2004

having seen your other post magik I ask you do you own one and if not which one do you suggest.

I river make 6 different players that have hard drives.so your statement is fairly vague.

Magik ®© 18:03 27 Oct 2004

yes, i do own the aforementioned player.. my one is the iHP 140, i can not fault it,the PC sees it as another hard drive, so you just drag and drop the files onto it, not only music, but hundreds of pictures and files..built in recorder, and like this site iRiver have their own forum, anything alse you want to know, just ask,,,,,

Magik ®© 18:06 27 Oct 2004

and here is the site...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?