MP3 player options

willo500 18:23 17 Jan 2005

Hi

I want to buy a player preferably with a radio and also preferably ( but not essentially) with a rechargeable battery, ideally through a USB port.

Have you any advice and recommendations?

I noticed a few threads discussing this but I'm really not clear as to whether the hard disk or solid state players offer the best deal. Is there a difference in sound quality or is it simply a question of storage capacity? Also do the hard disk ones skip a lot in normal use: ie not jogging but on a train or somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Willie

willo500 19:24 17 Jan 2005

I should also say that I have no preference as to the quality of the headphones because I will use ones I already own so this doesn't matter.

Lokit 23:36 17 Jan 2005

Invested £99.99 in this one on the weekend for the sprogs birthday. Other than the fact that it is AA battery [would have liked Lithium Ion] cannot fault it.

click here

Magik ®© 23:45 17 Jan 2005

Depends how much you want to spend, if you want the best then it has to be the iRiver ihp 140, radio, voice recorder, HDD, and holds about 13000 tracks, and no, they do not jump at all. and they have a good web site...

willo500 00:44 18 Jan 2005

Thanks for the advice. I am still uncertain which route to go down. I also notice some poor reviews of the iRiver on Amazon so I'm not sure about that one. I suppose it must be a matter of choice and reasonable luck in the particular player you get sent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone