MP3 player- loading songs

Doberman 08:31 12 Jul 2006

I have just bought a Creative Zen Nano plus MP3 player and have itunes set up on my PC. When I am in the organiser section 3 windows are showing, sources....now playing ( list of all my music on itunes)....and Zen Nano Plus ( list of albums loaded on MP3 player). I should be able to drag and drop individual songs onto my player from the now playing list but it doesn't seem to work, can anyone enlighten me please?

ade.h 15:24 12 Jul 2006

Can iTunes work with non-Apple players then??

webber_man 15:27 12 Jul 2006

I am of the understanding that iTunes can only work with Apple iPods...though i may well be mistaken. Because of the file types iTunes uses i believed they were not compaitable.

webber_man 15:31 12 Jul 2006

...look here click here

Gives the file types that can be used - basically WMA and mp3. I THINK iTunes uses something like AAC file types.

ade.h 16:01 12 Jul 2006

It does indeed; AAC and nothing else. It has the rights to AAC, so no other players can support it, but it's my understanding that iTunes automatically copies and converts all files to AAC upon importing them. If that's right, then it's not going to accept any alternative player.

skidzy 20:10 12 Jul 2006

This should help you out click here

If not you could try Switch converter click here

Hope this helps

Doberman 08:44 13 Jul 2006

Thanks for your replies. I have been able to rip ( hope that's the right word!) songs to my player via WMP but will certainly try your suggestions.
Thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?