mp3 player freezing when deleting music.

ladybabe2 20:43 10 May 2007

I can't delete the music off my mp3 as it completely freezes my pc when I try, I was useing media player 11 and have also tried media player 10 also tried usb ports front and back of pc but still freezes when I try to delete the music has anyone else had this problem?
thanks gail

STREETWORK 21:02 10 May 2007

the software program you are using. Try using windows explorer to delete the files, right click the start button and select explore, make sure you have the player attached and switch on and you should be able to see it listed. Navigate to the files and delete them from there...

ladybabe2 21:11 10 May 2007

Have done that, but trying to get the music file to open well it doesn't just keeps the search light on! but I think my mp3 keeps disconnecting as when I tried to delete file it came up with the message "can not delete either device has stopped responding or disconnected"
thanks for the input xxx

STREETWORK 21:13 10 May 2007

If plugging in using USB, try another socket, sometimes works...

Also check that the player is not shutting down using ant power saving feature it may have...

ladybabe2 21:25 10 May 2007

have tried usb's both at front and back of pc, power saving not on, just as soon as I try to access the music it freezes or totally slows down to well snail pace, and then it totally freezes up the whole pc!
gail xxxxxxxx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017