MP3 Player battery discharge problem

golfpro 08:40 26 Jul 2004

I have a MPX Valencia MP3 player, just recently I purchased a 198mb SD card for it to boost the capacity, This works OK but when I leave the card in the slot the batteries discharge after a few hours even when the player is switched off. Anyone any ideas why? I tried contacting the support site, but as usual have had no answer.

jonnytub 09:36 26 Jul 2004

I too had the valencia with that same problem, after many hours of googling what i basically came up with is when the card is inserted, regardless of whether or not player is powered up or down, is that a small circuit is kept "alive" and this provides enough strain on the batteries to drain them completely, i got this from a few different techy forums so i can't gaurantee the quality of advice, but when a few different forums are agreeing on the same thing the consensus would be to also agree. After all it does seem the most logical explanation. I simply took the batteries out when i'd finished, got sick in the end and bought a new one.

golfpro 12:04 26 Jul 2004

Thanks jonnytub, I think I wiil do the same and buy a new one, trouble is what do I do with the SD card, don't answer that :-)

jonnytub 12:08 26 Jul 2004

sorry can't help myself, i'm addicted !

Keep it, you never know what it may come in hand for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?