mp3 player

boxclever 18:57 07 Dec 2004

Can anyone help me please. I have just purchased a mp3 player for my daughter for xmas from ebay (from Hong Kong. I have tried to install it on my PC with no luck. I have noticed the usb connection is shorter than my digital camera connection. Could this be the problem or am I barking up the wrong tree. My computer is 4 years old.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 07 Dec 2004

Length of lead is irrelevant

What type of player?

What operating system XP? win98? ME?

Have you loaded any drivers / software that cae with it?

boxclever 19:20 07 Dec 2004

Windows XP USB1 (I think) player came with a Win98 driver disc. Instructions say anything after that doesn't need a driver installing as the computer will recognise new hardware has been installed. The problem is that I've not had that message. Its the connection into the computer that is shorter. Thanks for showing interest.

boxclever 19:25 07 Dec 2004

There's no name on the player, just "256mb digital mp3 player"

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:01 07 Dec 2004

Uninstall and reinstall your USB drivers in XP device manager, then retry the player.

Totally-braindead 20:11 07 Dec 2004

If your digital camera works fine with the USB then you know thats ok so that leaves you with the lead and the actual MP3 player as the fault. If you camera has the same connectors on it then try that if that is possible and nothing happens then you know the MP3 player is faulty. If the lead isn't the same then the only suggestion I can offer is to try it on someone elses computer and see if that works. Failing that its return it for a replacement I'm afraid.
Just had a thought have you tried switching the player on when its connected to the computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017