Mp3 help needed !

mahalo 20:10 27 Mar 2006

I have been given an MP3 player, and no instructions on how to put the music onto the card. I would like to put my own cds on it rather than download the music from the web.
Is it possible ? if so can you give me some clues please, being a silver surfer I think I need them in easy speak.
Many thanks.

Skills 20:14 27 Mar 2006

Fisrt you need to "rip" your cds to the the Mp3 format a good free prog that I use is cdex click here its fairly self explanatory to use.

Once you have the audio files in a mp3 format it should just be a case of draging n dropping the files onto the device

skidzy 20:23 27 Mar 2006

Do you have a built in card reader ? a plug in card reader ? or is it an internal memory on the mp3 player.

As skills says,if you have a card reader,just put the card into the reader,select your music files then drag and drop them.

mahalo 21:04 27 Mar 2006

The player has a card reader, no internal memory.
I had already put the tracks on the card but the player keeps saying "no songs". I checked the card on the computer and the tracks were listed.So I looked at the properties of the tracks but could not find if they were MP3 files.
I will try Skills idea now.
Cheers

skidzy 21:08 27 Mar 2006

You have to rip the music first to mp3 format.Use the link Skills posted or even Media player 10 will do the job fine.

mahalo 21:18 27 Mar 2006

Is that Windows Media Player 10 ?, if so I will have to update mine

skidzy 21:20 27 Mar 2006

Here you go click here

ACOLYTE 21:23 27 Mar 2006

WMP 10 only works with XP,as you didnt say what OS you had i thought i would check)

Chris Webster 23:14 27 Mar 2006

I was recommended FreeRIP for converting audio tracks to mp3's. It's very easy to use too click here

mahalo 10:53 29 Mar 2006

Thank you all for your help. I tried cdex when I opened it, it said I was missing a dll file. So I upgraded to WM10 and after a few hiccups and frustrations setting up in the options, I have done it !. I'm quite pleased with myself, being an older senior whose brain does not work as well as it used to.
Cheers

patso 13:32 02 Jun 2006

i am sorry for having to post this q again but it is wrecking my hesd trying to sort it out.i have been trying to fill my mp3 player from my music folder on my pc but i have noticed it is ripping to the folder the exact same as on the source disc but when i try to put the album on it is transferring in alphabetical order instead,when i go in to arrange icons by it has by number in my music folder but when i click on the removable disc it is coming up arrange by name.also auto arrange is ticked.where am i going wrong as the whole order of the album is upside down.i am using xp home can anyone help with this one please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires