MP3 files to WMA conversion

driving man 13:08 05 May 2007

An employee has recorded some company business and somehow recorded it as an MP3 file.
Obviously he can play it but I ned to distribute it to my reps and thought WMA would play in most cars.
But would need to convert the files involved and as this is a one off am disinclined to pay for a program.
If another file will do the job for any CD Player then another format would be acceptible.

Regards

Chris

derbyfc 13:10 05 May 2007

try this freebie its very good
click here

driving man 13:21 05 May 2007

derbyfc -- thanks for quick response. Looked at your link but it says other files can be changed to .wav or . mp3 but not clear if .mp3 can be changed to WMA

derbyfc 13:23 05 May 2007

within the program, select output as wma,ive just checked that its in there.
good luck

MAJ 13:29 05 May 2007

DbPoweramp will do it for you, driving an, it's an excellent free program. click here Also download and install the "Additional Codecs (WMA, m4a)", it's linked on that page also.

moorie- 13:36 05 May 2007

ive used the nch program first linked,it does what you require and is an excellent app.

six-h 13:43 05 May 2007

Just reading this thread, and thought someone could help me, I installed audacity about a year ago and would like to use it but it disables both my optical drives, is there a fix?

moorie- 13:56 05 May 2007

personally i would convert to wav,this would give you a better chance of it playing on the car cd player

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?