mp3 to DVD

muddypaws 16:53 27 Jan 2007

I have been using Nero Start Smart for some time to burn mp3s to DVD. What I find annoying about it, is that it tells you the number of files you have selected for burning, but not the total size. So you have to sit there and watch the bar go across and hope you haven't exceeded the 4.5 gbs approx limit. I see from a search that 'Giant68' recommended 'Deep Burner'. Can anyone tell me if this displays the total size of files selected. I appreciate you can get the size by right clicking on a selection in 'My Music', but would like an inbuilt facility.
Thanks.

muddypaws 16:54 27 Jan 2007

Sorry---freeware if possible.

surfmonkey #:@}© 17:00 27 Jan 2007

yes it does
what version of nero do you use i use 6.6.1.4 nerop start smart to burn i use make an mp3 dvd then when nero express opens on the add file it says at bottom how much space taken by a big blue line going from 0 to 8000mb

pj123 17:43 27 Jan 2007

Agree with surfmonkey #:@}©. I just tried it using Nero 6.6.1.4 and on the right of the window it also gives the amount of space used in mb.

Mind you, I don't think I have got anywhere near enough MP3s to fill a DVD. I have one CD with all my MP3s on it and even that isn't full.

muddypaws 18:51 27 Jan 2007

Thanks surfmonkey and pj123.
I will have another look. I have to confess I have over 20gbs!!! Covering nearly 30 years!! DVDs are convenient---stick them in a compatible domestic player and your collection is there!

muddypaws 19:03 27 Jan 2007

It does have the blue bar, as you say, and a running total bottom right of mbs so far. It doesn't show the total size of selected files as soon as you start to import or prior to import. Or am I missing something in your post? That's what I am after.
When I transfer to an ipod from say WMP it shows the total size before you start to transfer. So if it is too large you can amend the selection.
I appreciate your help so far.
So any info on Deep Burner anyone before I download it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?