MP3 In-car CD player - but no sound

sneakerman 17:07 02 Nov 2007

Just had a new MP3 car radio with bluetooth kit fitted, very impressed with it all - except the MP3 CD part, I already have an MP3 CD disc (that is a data CD that has had MP3's copied onto it) but when I put it in the CD drive, it sees only one track and plays it but I can't hear any sound.

I have burnt 2 further CD's, one has definately been finalized and the other has MP3's in folders but neither of them work either - same thing, it sees one track and plays it but there is no audio.

Regular CD's work fine, radio is fine and bluetooth is fine.

I have burnt an Audio MP3 CD (as opposed to data CD) but it's not really an MP3 CD, its the MP3's converted to CDA's - but it does work.

I have downloaded numerous CD burners but none of them work

Can anyone advise me what to do?

ambra4 17:26 02 Nov 2007

“I have burnt an Audio MP3 CD (as opposed to data CD) but it's not really an MP3 CD, its the MP3's converted to CDA's - but it does work.”

It seems that you do not understand the concept of the MP3 player in your car stereo system if you read the manual

“It say MP3 Player which means that it will play MP3 Songs” so that you do not have to convert them to a wave file

Where a normal CD hold 16-18 songs in the CDA format

A MP3 audio CD will hold about 180 MP3 songs

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:34 02 Nov 2007

new MP3 car radio

sounds like (no pun intended)
its faulty if it plays everything else OK
and therefore should be returned for repair/replacement.

sneakerman 17:36 02 Nov 2007

I should have worded that better, I felt I had exhausted the data CD options so I tried to burn an audio CD with MP3's, it wasn't until I had burnt it and looked at the CD that I discovered the tracks were CDA files, there was nothing to indicate that there would be a conversion - so I accept that it was not really an MP3 CD

The radio is a Kenwood KDC-W3537A and under CD Features it says MP3 Playback with ID3 Tag Display, but there is obviously some 'trick' to creating the right sort of CD which I am not currently aware of

Greengage 20:48 29 Nov 2007

Don't know whether you found a solution or not, sneakerman, but I do not think your experience is unusual - I still have not resolved the question click here.

Greengage 20:57 29 Nov 2007
  AL47 21:35 29 Nov 2007

i managed it i burnt a cd using wmp at bitrates from 192 to 320 finalized the disc option was checked and organize into folders also

i reads the disc for about a minute before playing,

took me 5 attempts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires