mp3 burn issue

Eraflooz 01:54 06 Jul 2003

Hello again...I recently backed up my mp3's using Nero and when I played the discs back in my mp3 walkman, I noticed that some, not all, of the files had a strange random noise in them. It happened only to certain albums, and all songs on the album would be affected. So, I end up with a cd that has 5 or 6 albums that are just fine, and the other 4 or 5 affected by this noise.

The noise itself sounds sounds like fast forwarded audio tape, but it's duration is less than .25 seconds...It is not entirely random, it seems to happen when the music kicks in after a breakdown or whenever there is a lot happening...

The files were fine when I originally obtained them so the error seems to be during the burning process. It bothers me tremendously and since you guys are the only ones to ever give me the correct answers, I thought I'd ask!!
Oh yeah, Nero 5.5, Win 98, only 128 megs 'o' RAM, and a Lite-On 40x12x48...

Thanks...

ton 02:00 06 Jul 2003

Try burning at a slower speed and don't use the computer for anything else while burning.

hugh-265156 02:02 06 Jul 2003

lower the buring speed to x2 for the best results.takes a long time but less errors usually and normally gives better sound quality.

hugh-265156 02:11 06 Jul 2003

am too slow :-)

Eraflooz 22:32 06 Jul 2003

Thanks for the responses but...when I burned the same files at 4x (much slower yes), the glitches were still there...However, when I burned the screwy files as an audio cd...there was not an error to be found...When I opened one of the files in Nero's Wave Editor, I think that I found where the problem is, unfortunately, I have neither the skill nor the inclination to go through all my mp3 cd's and edit then reburn the files, considereing it seems that the problem is in the burn itself. If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening, please let me know!!

Dekay 00:50 07 Jul 2003

Have yoy tried any other burning software.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?