mozilla wont display youtube website-its all text?

theDarkness 18:32 20 Dec 2006

using mozilla 1.5.0.8 -i click to go to a youtube video page and all i get is text interpretation of the entire page? strangely many new videos are fine, but straight links to anything on youtube and many older videos are not. explorer works fine, im just having this odd problem using mozilla-and only with this one website?

Stuartli 18:47 20 Dec 2006

Quite an old version now. Try Firefox 2.0.0.1 and also download the K-Lite Standard audio and video codecs pack from:

click here

which covers the majority of requirements.

skidzy 19:38 20 Dec 2006

As per Stuartli and if still no joy try updating your flashplayer click here

And check your Javascript settings.click here

If you do not receive the box asking for your name,goto in firefox Tools/Options/Content and check you have the Javascript ticked and ok.Then refresh your test page.

theDarkness 01:06 21 Dec 2006

thanks everyone, ive updated both firefox and the flash player, and also tried the flash test which was fine. its very odd, usually if i try and click on a youtube video page from outside youtube, eg say i got the youtube page below from a result on google (terrible video, amusing in its own way, lol) and clicked on it

click here

then its likely to give a page of text and no proper webpage. if however i clicked on the exact same link from inside the youtube website i usually get the proper page, which is very odd.
sometimes with older videos even when inside youtube I still get the text page, but not as often. this is the same as before, so the updates have made no difference, but thanks anyway!
its not a major problem since i can always use explorer, could just be a tiny bug in mozilla firefox for that one website :D

Stuartli 08:39 21 Dec 2006

Your link works fine for me - make sure you have the correct version of Flash Player for Firefox. See:

click here

theDarkness 16:40 21 Dec 2006

yeah i have the latest flash version for
mozilla firefox, but its the same

theDarkness 16:42 21 Dec 2006

cutting and pasting the link into the address box works fine, but not clicking on it directly from here...spooky lol

Stuartli 18:42 21 Dec 2006

Try right clicking and Open In New Tab.

theDarkness 02:50 22 Dec 2006

tab doesnt change anything, good idea though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?