Mozilla google

podlod 16:17 16 Nov 2009

Hi, I cannot seem to get Firefox even though I have made this my default browser, keep getting Google and to get a site have to type in as usual where I want, then it asks me to press the Enter key, any ideas please?

tullie 16:21 16 Nov 2009

So which browser is Google opening in?

birdface 17:13 16 Nov 2009

In Firefox have you set google to open as your home page.

kalignorgna 09:22 17 Nov 2009

do you mean google as in chrome? also what OS are u using

podlod 14:22 17 Nov 2009

Hi, I have finally managed to receive Firefox as my browser, but it is in French, and although I can read French i prefer it in English. Before it had pref on the left of Firefox where I was enable to change into English, but that has disappeared, any ideas?

Sea Urchin 14:53 17 Nov 2009

I don't understand where you are "receiving" it from - surely you download the English version of Firefox and use that as your browser?

You didn't answer any of the questions asked by tullie, buteman and kalignorgna.

tullie 20:47 17 Nov 2009

Im getting confused by the minute.Firefox is a browser,Google is a search engine.

Bob The Blob 20:55 17 Nov 2009

LOL confusing or what?

podlod 13:54 18 Nov 2009

Hi, We all had to learn items regarding the internet,being Browser, search engine, etc; still takes time for me to catch on! I reside in France and that is why I still receive Google in French.
OS ? thank you for your time.

Sea Urchin 14:25 18 Nov 2009

But I reside in the UK and can get Google in French if I wish by selecting the URL google.fr

So can you not get google.co.uk to use the English version?

Bob The Blob 18:05 18 Nov 2009

OS = Operating system (Windows XP, Windows Vista) etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?