Mozilla Firefox -Yahoo no Images?

Noels 15:44 26 Nov 2004

I downloaded Firefox and am highly delighted with it. When I searh the Web for Images using Google a complete page of images open.BUT When I search the Web using YAHOO the images just show as empty boxes, which will open when clicked on but can't be viewed as a whole page of opened images.

I have looked in Firefox help and have the relevant ALLOW boxes filled in on WEB Features but can't get any results . Any ideas would be welcome about veiwing a complete page of opened images in YAHOO. Regards Noels

Stuartli 15:55 26 Nov 2004

Depending on Privacy settings both Firefox and Thunderbird block images - there should be a bar stating this across the top of the page (under the Toolbar) which, when you click on Show Images, will display them.

Stuartli 15:57 26 Nov 2004

Ottherwise, under Web Features, you will have to allow originating pages and fill in the Exceptions list.

Noels 16:13 26 Nov 2004

Thanks for those suggestions. I had already filled in The Allow boxes with the Yahhoo Search URL but this made no difference and I can't find a Show Picture box in Firefox.

However I have looked at all the "Help" suggestions in Yahhoo regarding Images and it very much looks as if Yahoo have a different system to Google for opening pictures so I will probably stick with Google. Anyway many thanks for your advice. Noels

Noels 16:26 26 Nov 2004

At last cracked it. In Firefox, under Tools, Options, Web Features, Load Images was ticked, also ticked For the Original Web Site Only, once I unticked this box everything showed.

Regards Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?