Mozilla Firefox version 22 upgrade

highlands 20:41 02 Aug 2013

I am a long time user of Firefox browser. Recently I followed the upgrade from Vers 21 to 22. Afterwards the webpages would no longer fit onto the screen. View /Zoom out appeared to work temporarily but the setting was not retained if I switched webpage or exited Firefox. I've tried using about:config and tried various settings for 'layout.css.devPixelsPerPx' which improved the page display but gave problems with other parts of the screen e.g. menu and address bars. I've also installed the Beta version of V23 but with same result. I'm running Win XP/SP3 and my monitor is 4:3 ratio at 1024 x 768. click here shows this with vers 21 but shows 819 x 614 with v22.

I've eventually uninstalled V22 including all settings and re-installed vers 21 which is OK. However I know I can't stay with v21 forever and don't want to go to IE8.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Woolwell 22:33 02 Aug 2013

Wonder if it was a hardware acceleration problem?

VCR97 19:06 03 Aug 2013

I had the same problem but it went back to normal after a few days. No idea why - I didn't change anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires