Mozilla Firefox - quibble

freaky 20:28 31 Mar 2005

After reading all the rave reviews of this program I installed it.

Big problem I find is that a lot of sites I use require Internet Explorer.....this results in not being able to access them.

Is there a simple answer to overcoming this within Firefox? If not, then I do not see any further point in using it.

DerekR 20:40 31 Mar 2005

Go into the tools menu in Firefox, extensions, then get the "view Open Pages in IE via firefox menus"

You will need to spend a little bit of time configuring Firefox to get it to do what YOU want it to do - all the plug-ins are available, so 99.9% of all web pages will open in Firefox - give it a bit of time, explore it, and you might just be pleasantly suprised.

rômanab 20:45 31 Mar 2005

Plugins... click here

Dorsai 20:54 31 Mar 2005

I Find very few sites require IE. The very small % that do, I can happily do without (excluding MS update, and that is a case of 'closed shop').

If they want my browsing, they need to cater to my browser choice. It's up to them. Cater for FF, and I will visit, dont, and I won't.

It's their loss. There are zillions of web sites out there. If they can't be bothered to test it on FF, I can't be bothered to visit it.

rômanab 21:03 31 Mar 2005

I agree, I can't remember the last time I had to use IE.

freaky 15:56 01 Apr 2005

Wrote "Go into the tools menu in Firefox, extensions, then get the "view Open Pages in IE via firefox menus"

I found an extension update called "IEVIEW 0.86 by Paul Roub" on the Mozilla Web Site. This was the only extension I could find that bore semblance to what DerekR mentioned above.

I clicked on download and got the following message "Not valid install package". Can anybody help on this please?

Stuartli 17:06 01 Apr 2005

If you have Firefox 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 then IEVIEW 0.86 is not a valid extension; it only caters up to verrsion 1.0.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?