Mozilla Firefox New Update

heavymetalkid 11:16 16 Sep 2006

Can anyone tell me if I've successfully downloadwd thr new Firefox update? This morning I had an on-screen message informing me one was available. I clicked on it and it began. At the end it told me, one or two files couldn't be updated and to try again. I started again, this time a conventional download box appeared and began downloading, the screen showed "downloading updates". However, this went on for an extremely long time and it seemed to be going nowhere...eventually I terminated it. I now have Firefox on screen again, and it is not showing any further downloads are available. Can anyone tell me if my download was successfull?

VoG II 11:20 16 Sep 2006

Help > About Mozilla Firefox. It should say version 1.5.0.7 if it has updated.

Stuartli 11:20 16 Sep 2006

Yes it ws successful. The download should take very little time with BB. See:

click here

heavymetalkid 11:40 16 Sep 2006

Thanks both,well it seems to be on but when I click on the "help" link on the homepage a small moving circle appears and it says "downloading 1.5.07" I'm confused.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:06 16 Sep 2006

Had same problem yesterday trying to download the update via firefoxes own update system, download it freom click here

heavymetalkid 12:49 16 Sep 2006

Thanks all, got it on now...and Fruitbat, that's a great site..I'll use that again.

bretsky 15:17 16 Sep 2006

Updated a few hours ago complete with all my extensions in place.............no problems as yet.

bretsky ;0)

Stuartli 16:15 16 Sep 2006

It's a great site because it has updates etc available for download almost before they've been released.

In fact the Firefox and Thunderbird updates usually appear there before on the Mozilla website...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?