Mozilla Firefox Download problems - This object...

Benincanada 13:13 13 Oct 2006

Hi,

I am having problems downloading files from the internet in Firefox and IE. The error message I get from Firefox is : "This object has been blocked"

I am trying to get a file from snapfiles.com

Everything was ok yesterday. I am running winxp home. I have tried suspending cyberhawk but that did not work. I am running zone alarm professional.

The only major bit of software I installed was peerguardian. some sort of p2p firewall program

It would be great if anyone has any ideas...I am a little stuck

Thanks in advanve for your help

Stuartli 13:57 13 Oct 2006

Sounds liked the P2P firewall is causing the problem - what are the configuration options?

Benincanada 14:24 13 Oct 2006

I just uninstalled peerguardian and it still won't let me download files...I can go to the bbc and watch tv news reports so it it not a connection problem

Any thoughts. Could tiscali be limiting my downloads. I have only been on it a day or so though

terryf 14:38 13 Oct 2006

system restore to before yesterday?

Benincanada 14:44 13 Oct 2006

I might have to...I have found out it is a zone alarm pro issue. I upgraded to the pro version yesterday. I just turned it off (zone alarm) and I could download again.

Hmmm, there are a lot of settings in ZA pro to look at ...any pointers as to which one I should look at first?

Stuartli 16:03 13 Oct 2006

Having two firewalls won't help...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?