MOZILLA FIREDOX

Solartopi 21:17 16 Mar 2007

Hi Gurus,

I downloaded the latest Version of Google Toolbar & Mozilla Firefox came with it. Now when I save any mail with Attachment Mozilla Firefox Icon has taken over & opens it up.

Does anyone have this Mozilla Firefox please tell me what it actually does. If it's not worth this hassle I can uninstall/delete it.

Please Help.

Solartopi

skidzy 21:20 16 Mar 2007

Firefox is another browser like internet explorer or Opera etc...

Solartopi 21:53 16 Mar 2007

skidzy,

Is it worth having another browser.

SORRY!!! I spelt it wrong too, just saw that. I can't correct it now. Please give me you opinion.

If I uninstall it will it give me any problems.

Sorry about so many questions.

Thanks

Solartopi

Solartopi 21:54 16 Mar 2007

skidzy,

Is it worth having another browser.

SORRY!!! I spelt it wrong too, just saw that. I can't correct it now. Please give me you opinion.

If I uninstall it will it give me any problems.

Sorry about so many questions.

Thanks

Solartopi

woodchip 21:57 16 Mar 2007

Yes it's better than the one you use.......IE

rdave13 22:04 16 Mar 2007

You have done the same mistake that I did with FF. I downloaded FF from a Google pack site. That means that the browser is integrated with the google toolbar. Uninstall google toolbar from this browser and it makes FF virtually unusable.
FF downloaded from a Mozilla site is ok. Personally I would uninstall pronto but I can't advise if you would loose any data or not.

Solartopi 22:36 16 Mar 2007

Rdave13,

Uninstalled Google Toolbar for Firefox & Firefox from Add/Remove. Firefox Icon gone from Desktop but still its Icon is in other Files/Programs.

Solartopi

rdave13 23:19 16 Mar 2007

Try running a reg cleaner. Ccleaner has one click here . Also run the windows cleaner. Used this prog for a while now and found no issues with it. Then reboot.
Have gone off Google toolbar and most of it's other programs with the exception of it's search engine. Still even that will spy on you.
Another excellent program to run is cleanup click here .

skidzy 08:39 17 Mar 2007

I prefer Firefox browser over IE7 and think having another browser is good practice...just incase your current browser becomes corrupt or any problems with it.
I think you will find most nowadays have at least two browsers on there systems.Firefox2 click here

Solartopi 15:32 17 Mar 2007

Rdave13,skidzy,

SORRY!!! I was not able to reply immediately ... last night, after a hards days night and working like a ... I fell sleeping like a log. Been busy today too.

Thanks for your advise. Yes, nothing is really free, they take their liberties without us knowing.

I have CCleaner but I've heard that it could delete some of your personal data too. I don't know how far that's true. Windows Cleaner I don't have.

I have IncrediMail. Yes, I agree it's a good idea to have more than one browser.

Thanks you both for the Links I will try them.

Solartopi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?