mozilla cache-OK to empty?

canard 23:25 23 Jun 2004

Trying Mozilla as per recommendations. The cache is growing huge. Is it Ok to empty it and if so any alternative to manual deletion?

woodchip 23:30 23 Jun 2004

Yes I do it every time I turn of Netscape I do it first in Preferences then In Explorer. It clears the trail also of where you have been

Compassion 23:32 23 Jun 2004

Yes, you can empty your mozilla cache. You can do it manually or go to Edit> Preferences. Expand the "Advanced" tab and click on the "cache" tab. Use "Clear Memory Cache" and "Clear Disk Cache" to clear the cache (obviously). You can also change the amount of space your cache takes up, since it tends to really build up if you view many pages.

canard 23:35 23 Jun 2004

Woodchip I know I'm being thicker than two planks but please where do I find prefs?

canard 23:36 23 Jun 2004

Woodchip I know I'm being thicker than two planks but please where do I find prefs?

woodchip 23:36 23 Jun 2004

Just a point that when you go the Preferences route it does not clear all the cache files that's why I also do it in explorer

canard 23:43 23 Jun 2004

At last- tools- options -privacy- cache- empty, and wowee it does.Thankyou compassion and woodchip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?