mozilla bookmarks

trigger2 08:13 11 Aug 2004

have just download mozilla firefox, and am so far impressed!
one niggle though, i seem unable to sort the bookmarks (imported IE favorites) into my prefered order (as i had them in IE)
minor prob i know but i got used to how they were
any ideas

ventanas 08:20 11 Aug 2004

Try the Bookmarks menu - Manage Bookmarks. Near the top.

trigger2 08:54 11 Aug 2004

thanks ventanas , i've had a "play" but can't seem to get enought control like placing folders/sites manually within the list
maybe i'll just have to live with it...d*mn annoying

Belatucadrus 12:07 11 Aug 2004

Open Bookmarks/Manage Bookmarks.
Then View/Unsorted, you can then drag and drop the bookmarks to whatever order you want.

byraway 15:36 11 Aug 2004

In Bookmark Manager try left clicking on a folder and simply drag to desired position. This works in non-Firefox Mozilla

trigger2 17:29 11 Aug 2004

thanks guys!

woodchip 17:36 11 Aug 2004

In Manage Bookmarks you can cut paste URL's from one folder to the other

woodchip 17:37 11 Aug 2004

Or just click and Drag

Gongoozler 18:10 11 Aug 2004

trigger2 is quite right. Great though Mozilla Firefox is compared with IE, bookmark sorting just doesn't appear to work properly. I can get them sorted under "Manage Bookmarks", but then when I click on the Bookmarks menu, the order is nothing like what I had just sorted. Another annoyance is that some websites are clearly not tested properly in Mozilla. One site in particular loses the top margin when printed, which is a known problem with a simple solution that has to be applied by the site designer.

woodchip 18:23 11 Aug 2004

It's Ok using them but they are cut down versions of Netscape. And I have a lot less probs with Netscape than I did with IE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone