MovingHouse-Don't want to loose emails inbox etc

Lizzie23 23:09 23 Aug 2007

Help ! I am moving house , I have a blueyonder broadband outlook express account. I am unable to have this service at my next address.
I literally have hundreds (if not thousands) of very important emails which I do not want to loose when I have to close down the service at my current address.
I know that I could print these (which defeats the object and would use lots of trees) or forward them onto someone elses e-mail account.
Surely there must be a better and easier way than this?
Thank you in anticipation of solving this problem for me.

brundle 23:11 23 Aug 2007

If they're stored in Outlook Express and not stored on the Blueyonder server, they are already on your PC. Unless you're leaving that behind too....

brundle 23:12 23 Aug 2007

click here

Backup to CD or USB drive if you want to be doubly sure nothing goes missing.

johnnyrocker 23:13 23 Aug 2007

the content of your outlook express which is onthe pc will not change as a result of a move, what you will need to do is recreate your oe account with new server details depending on who you sign up with and of course advise your contacts of new e mail addy if i have read your post correctly.

johnny.

Forum Editor 23:17 23 Aug 2007

of 'very important emails' you should be backing them up as a matter of routine, and as brundle says, they'll still be on your computer when you move if you've downloaded them in Outlook Express.

You can use Outlook Express regardless of who provides your broadband service - it's part of Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?