Moving users folder to a data partition in W7

john bunyan 22:54 19 Feb 2011

W7, 64 bit. I have my OS etc on a 100 gig partition (c:/) and data (My Documents etc and Outlook data) on a data partition (F:/)- balance of the total of 500 gig. I have pointed my libraries to the correct location(s) in F;/My Documents. However I have not yet worked out how to move the C:Users folder or maybe its sub folders to the data partition. I would like to do this so that the things that go there by default end up in the data partition. Any suggestions?

GaT7 23:07 19 Feb 2011

Here are a couple of ways click here & click here. G

john bunyan 14:32 20 Feb 2011

Thanks, I will follow up the first link; the second went to "Lifehacker" but I did not see a ref to this issue. I wonder what happens if you simply drag and drop the users folder into another drive?

gengiscant 15:34 20 Feb 2011

I did it this way as I have an SSD drive so needed to move My music-My Documents etc to another drive and any future additions automatically went to the new location.click here

john bunyan 16:19 20 Feb 2011

Thanks, I will go through that link too. I have it working in that in the libraries I "Tell" each one to go to the relevant folder of My Documents that I have created in My F Drive. I want to make it a rule for all users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?