Moving messages in Outlook Express 6

nicander 00:35 28 Jan 2007

I use Outlook Express 6 for email. Normally to copy or move a message from one Folder to another I right-click on the message title in Inbox (main or subfolder) and an options box appears on screen, which includes the options "Copy [or Move] message to Folder...". If you then click as appropriate another box appears offering a choice of Folders to Copy/Move the message to. Now, for some reason, when I click on "Copy/Move message to folder..." in the first options box, it disappears but nothing replaces it, ie no means of chossing the appropraite folder or of actually moving/copying the message. Why is this, and how can I get the procedure to operate as before? I know I can drag and drop, but this is less convenient.

Technotiger 08:59 28 Jan 2007

If you are using XP, a System Restore back to before this started, may fix.

Technotiger 09:00 28 Jan 2007

You might also find this useful ...

click here

nicander 10:59 28 Jan 2007

Thanks. I'll try one of these. (Don't want to use System Restore as unfortunately it will undo some other recent software download and fixes.)

Arthur Scrimshaw 11:05 28 Jan 2007

try setting up message rules in OE (under 'tools - message rules' - you can specify where the emails are sent and is a much neater way of dealing with the issue.

nicander 12:35 28 Jan 2007

Thanks for the last - good part solution, but I'd still like to know why OE has apparently disabled a useful feature!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?