Moving ISP's

spuds 12:58 12 Aug 2007

I am considering reorganising my internet and perhaps telephone services, combining the two from one source, instead of having two suppliers.

Moving will no doubt have certain pitfalls like possible changing of email contact address's, which perhaps be very time consuming.

I want any move (if finalised) to go as easy as possible. Any advice, suggestions would be appreciated.

recap 13:27 12 Aug 2007

Email contacts can be saved in Outlook or Outlook Express there should be no problem there just import them from your current ISP.

To send your new email address, just place one person in the 'To:' box the rest in the 'BCC:' box - this is so if there is anybody that you do not want to know others addresses they won't - and then it is only one click and one email.

birdface 13:30 12 Aug 2007

If you have a BT phone you can more or less pick any ISP provider that you want,If you go to cable you have no choice,That is about all that you can get,Broadband is not cheap with cable, I am on 2Mb and that costs £18 per month,Sky Looks pretty cheap,Just a matter of shopping about.

cruiser2 15:44 12 Aug 2007

I transferred to TalkTalk in May 2006. Got my MAC code easily from previous ISP -Demon- with only one phone call. Waited about a month between signing up at one of their local shops and actually being transferred.
Pay £22.00 per month for broadband line rental and free phone calls to landline numbers at any time. Have even made free phone calls to USA.
Have had problems( Have a seperate file for letters of complaint and emails) Got a refund as it took over one month to sort out the problem.
Over 6mps probably as I live just over 1 Km from exchange.
This is an 18 month contract.

sunny staines 16:14 12 Aug 2007

open up gmail for emails till move sorted out and running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?