Moving information from one hard drive to another

Grez79 20:53 08 Feb 2008

I bought a new PC...with a 74Gb Raptor hard drive in it... I have used one of those for ages in my old PC but i only managed to use 30-40Gb of it as i only play music and games on it.

However, i now have Windows Vista 64bit edition on my new PC...and after installing a few games and a few basic programmes...i now only have 3Gb of free space on it.

So i decided to put another 74Gb raptor in my PC...

I would have liked to automatically save any downloads and music straight onto the second hard drive...but it seems that it only wants to put it on the boot drive.

Is there a way to only use the boot drive for windows and program files...and have the second hard drive for any saved documents, music and videos etc?

I hope this is clear...

Graham

woodchip 21:29 08 Feb 2008

For downloads and personal files you can just right click on them and drag to new drive the choose move from list. you cannot do this with programs, you need to remove any programs you want to run from other drive, then reload the program install disc and choose Custom install, and choose the new disc to install to. You are better creating folders for this on the new drive

sinbads 22:06 08 Feb 2008

all you need to do is right clck on your docs/pictures/music in each case select properties then location and change the location to your drive........any doc/pics/music will automatically be located there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?