Moving Folders Part 2

ponytail 12:59 12 Feb 2011

With ref to my posting on Wednesday still having same problem but now I have just moved a folder from my hard drive to my external drive but can this be explained even though it is now on my external drive it is still on my PCs hard drive so I now have two copies is this possible.Obviously it is because I can see it and they both play to the end.

ponytail 13:02 12 Feb 2011

Just thought maybe I clicked on copy in error not sure but it would seem logical.

Bris 18:17 12 Feb 2011

If you drag a folder using the left mouse button to the same drive it performs a move if you drag it to a different drive it performs a copy. If you want to choose what it does then drag with the RIGHT mouse button and choose the option you want. Note that the default action is in bold.

ponytail 11:25 13 Feb 2011

I just left click on the folder click on move and choose where I want to move them to and click move

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:51 13 Feb 2011

click here Add the Send to toy to windows

right click select Send to folder browse to where you want to move it , you get the choice of move or copy.

Bris 12:33 13 Feb 2011

Position the mouse pointer to the folder or file you want to move or copy then press and hold down the right mouse button then drag the folder/file to the destination folder and release the right mouse button. You will be presented with 4 options two of which are COPY and MOVE, left click on the one you want to use or try Fruitbats suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?