Moving files from iTunes onto MP3 player

Brian 20:38 30 Dec 2006

I have a Ministry of Sound MP3 player and would like to move music files and podcasts from iTunes onto it. There are no instructions on how to do this. Is it possible to do this?
Brian

Technotiger 20:44 30 Dec 2006
  Technotiger 20:55 30 Dec 2006

Hmmm, I think that first one was for Macs'

Scroll down on this one and it does mention MP3 as well ...

click here

Brian 21:28 30 Dec 2006

Cannot find the bit that helps me - all related to a mobile phone!

Brian

Technotiger 21:36 30 Dec 2006

This extract is from further down that page ...

Bernie’s Ramblings / Fancy syncing iTunes to S60 Phones? Says:
July 23rd, 2006 at 8:41 am
[…] S60Tips.com recent tips shows you how to sync a S60 device to your iTunes. Well, actually, you can use the tip to sync any MP3 player that can be mounted as a mass storage device in Windows. […]

I read that as saying that the tip can also be used as per your requirements. Sorry if I am wrong!

Brian 21:51 30 Dec 2006

I cannot find "iTunes Agent" so am unable to try this out.

Brian

Kate B 21:57 30 Dec 2006

Depends what format you've ripped your tunes in. If it's in the default iTunes format, AAC, your MoS player won't play them. If it's in mp3, though, use something like Xplay click here which allows you to see the iPod simply as a drive, navigate to the folder on the iPod and pull the tunes off either on to your hard drive or on to the other player. I can't think of a way you could do it without going via a computer, though. And don't forget that the music is copyright: you can't legally do that, of course.

Technotiger 08:32 31 Dec 2006
  Brian 11:50 17 Jan 2007

I have not managed to get iTunes Agent to recognise the MoS player. Problem resolved by right-clicking podcast and using "Save target as.." and saving it direct to player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?