Moving files from a floppy to a cd

User-394903 02:00 19 Apr 2008

Morning all,
I have a floppy disc with jpg images of ships on that I want to put onto a cd. My pc is a HP Pavilion running Win XP SP2 and is about 2 years old with an external 'A' drive (when needed) which is connected via a usb port on the front of the m/c. In my computer I double click the 'A' drive to open it. Then holding down the ctrl key I hi-light the images I want to move, then right click. A drop down appears, but there is no 'E' drive there to move the files to. On my m/c the drive I want move the images to is ReWriteable.
I wont be online till about mid-day, but any ideas will be much appreciated.

User-394903 02:20 19 Apr 2008

oops, I should also have added that clicking start-> all programs-> accessories-> windows explorer then try to drag over to 'E' a message appears that say E:\ is not accessible.Incorrect function.

brundle 03:12 19 Apr 2008

With a blank disc in the drive, either right click after selecting all the files from the floppy, select SendTo, then the drive letter.
Or

Copy all the files from the floppy to a temporary folder on the desktop, then send them to the CD.

The latter is the method I recommend, a floppy cant be read as fast as a CD can be written.

Make sure the built-in CD burning feature is enabled. click here

Diemmess 09:07 19 Apr 2008

I'd go with brundle's idea of a temporary folder.
This will allow any editing, name changing or other indexing in sub folders, while still keeping the original files unchanged.

User-394903 13:02 19 Apr 2008

Thank you guys, mainly brundle. The 'click here' sorted it out. Another problem sorted by PCA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?