Moving emails in Windows Mail

hawthorn59 22:36 26 Dec 2008

Hi

I want to moce all my emails and folders from my current laptop to a new one. (Windows mail on both)

I have tried doing File - Export - Messages and following the instructions. I sent them to a USB drive but while they were transferring I got this message

1C85239D-00000001 has properties that cannot be copied.

I was invited to skip or cancel. So I cancelled. There seemed to be over 2000 of these files so I dont know what to do next.

Am I going about transferring them the right way? It seems to be the way though its hard to find any help or info on it.

thanks

h

beeuuem 22:53 26 Dec 2008

If you want to transfer everything to the new computer the advice click here under Windows Mail should help.

hawthorn59 22:56 26 Dec 2008

I should clarify the above; I got the alert message while I was trying to "send" them to the USB drive to transfer to new pc.

Also I noticed while they were copying from Windows Mail to my desktop, I saw "Sent Items" and 511 files. But earlier I had deleted these 511 files in the sent folder so why are they showing now?

h

beeuuem 23:40 26 Dec 2008

I can't help regarding the error message. It may be that the file is in use or protected. If you move the message store complete rather than individual messages you may well find that this works without any problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017