moving DW site from one pc to another

mco 18:00 09 Jul 2006

What a thoroughly frustrating afternoon, setting up new laptop - wireless connection took over an hour and now can't do a simple swap of DW site from old to new..DW is set up fine, but how do I load the old site up? I've tried manage site -export - and then import when I go onto new laptop - but I just get a folder with the site's name and it won't open it up. Or else it says the home page is not saved there and it can't make a site map. How have I done it wrong? Is there a way just to download the site from the internet and open it up that way?

ade.h 18:16 09 Jul 2006

Ah, well. I can't help you with this one, but maybe my reply to your other thread will help with this one as well.

mco 18:35 09 Jul 2006

I'm off to try the netobjects one at least! Bound to be DW fans around who can help later.

mco 23:44 09 Jul 2006

I'm upping this in the hope of some simple advice thanks!

AndySD 15:24 10 Jul 2006

I use MM exporter click here

AndySD 15:26 10 Jul 2006

Oh and transfer the whole folder containing the site from the pc to the same place on the new one.

mco 19:26 10 Jul 2006

I thought it was too good to be true, my falling lucky tonight: I did the MM esporter but somehow I've ended up with a load of separate pages but no site, if you see what I mean.

mco 20:43 10 Jul 2006

I think I've got it back now and it's connecting. But when I go to 'local view' where before I could see all my pages and choose which one individually to upload changes to, now all I can see is the folder itself and when I click on it, it doesn't open to show the contents. ??

mco 20:48 10 Jul 2006

I've sorted this one too - all a question of putting it in the right place!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone