moving cookies and favourites

jorf 11:43 06 Jun 2008

I wish to do a clean install of XP pro but would like to keep my cookies and favorites but cannot find them. How can I store them on an external drive so as to put them back after the reinstall?

recap 12:08 06 Jun 2008

Right click the 'Start' button and select 'Explore'. In the 'Tools' menu select 'Folder Option' then select ' View' (tab). Navigate down to 'Hidden Files & Folders' and click the 'Hidden Files and Folders' radio button. You should now be able to see the Cookies, Temp & Temporary Internet folders.

jorf 16:15 06 Jun 2008

recap
Thank you for your guidance I have done what you suggest but do not see the cookies or temp folders. All I see is:- Hide extension for known file types
hide protected operating system files or launch folder windows in a separate proces.
I have always had "show hidden files and folders" active.

I have tried a search for cookies but get a video file type which I cannot access.
I am running XP pro.

sharpamat 16:54 06 Jun 2008

creat a folder open internet browser go to file select import export, then export one then the other. to put them back repeat and import them.
Dont forget to store the folder somewhere where it will not be deleated on your reinstallation

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?