Moving computer awau from phone socket

  Fosterfather 00:46 20 Oct 2006

I am about to move my desktop away from the phone socket (into another room)and want to set up a wiresless link for AOL Broadband. How do I do this? Is there such a thing as a wireless transmitter that plugs into the phoneline (or rather the filter box)? I want to do a similar thing with the TV. Will I be creating potential interference problems?

  sean-278262 02:31 20 Oct 2006

The phoneline one is easy. Get one of these.

click here

Got one myself shared to 5 computers and works a charm pretty well out the box. Plug into phone line and then use the supplied adapter.

As for the TV it works on a different frequency much the same as a TV remote is likely not to work on any other TV you try it on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?