Moving Adverts on R.H.side of screen

billyliv 23:54 16 Nov 2003

Hi, I know adverts are needed to create revenue. but this moving one is really getting on my nerves. how do I disable it?. Cheers, Bill

DieSse 00:24 17 Nov 2003

You calm down and don't let it get on your nerves.

PCA can and will take whatever advertising they can get to help support this site - and more power to their elbow in doing so.

Djohn 00:37 17 Nov 2003

I agree with DieSse on this bill, in fact I clicked on the learn direct one at the top of the page yesterday, found it very interesting, so tomorrow morning I'm popping into my local Learn Direct centre, [Just a short distance from me] and signing up for the complete desktop course, including touch typing. j.

GANDALF <|:-)> 06:57 17 Nov 2003

Why not click on one of them and help the site? There is really no other way to fund a site that costs shed loads to run unless someone has a well clever idea. I'll warrant that subscription would get on your nerves even more.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:01 17 Nov 2003

ps...the Learn Direct advert is well worth exploring. These Government funded (read that as 'your money funded', aka taxes). I know quite a few people that have completed an LD course, in the comfort of their own home.

G

billyliv 09:12 17 Nov 2003

Hi, I am not against advertising as such and I cannot be the only one who thinks that moving adverts are a pain. Cheers, Bill

Jester2K II 09:38 17 Nov 2003

What "moving advert"?

nickhick 10:37 17 Nov 2003

Jester 2KII
I you can't see a moving advert go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and make sure that under 'Multimedia' 'Play animations in Web Pages' is ticked and then refresh the page.

I find all the animations annoying and have this option un-ticked!

Jester2K II 10:52 17 Nov 2003

Do you mean moving or animated!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:03 17 Nov 2003

I dont see any adds moving or other wise,not even the learn direct 1 i did see the AMD 64 1 but not seen that for a bit either.

Regards.

nickhick 14:09 17 Nov 2003

Jester 2K II.

*Remove* the tick against 'Play animations in Web Pages' if you want to get rid of annoying animated adverts etc. I've got IE 6 and that is the option I have got following the path I outlined earlier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?