Movie Maker - Editing Videos

RobCharles1981 12:23 28 Dec 2007

Hi All.

I've done some new videos of my Organ playing. I grabbed them off my Cam Corder and placed them on my PC I'm going to be putting them up onto youtube I compressed the video file size to avi and I want to edit bits out in my videos using Movie Maker. I've imported the movie and placed it on my time line but its only showing to windows of my video:

click here

Could I be forgetting something here??

Many Thanks.

eedcam 12:45 28 Dec 2007

If your camcorder is mini -dv you might be better to capture direct to movie maker then edit before exporting in the format you choose

RobCharles1981 12:57 28 Dec 2007

Is HDD any ideas?

RobCharles1981 13:39 28 Dec 2007

I copyed the videos from the Camera into a folder on my computer I go to movie maker and "Import Movie" I locate them... I then get this error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Desktop\Videos\M2U00023.MPG could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from

Help!

eedcam 13:44 28 Dec 2007

Hdd nope afraid not if no help hee try this forum
click here

RobCharles1981 14:25 28 Dec 2007

Any others here that may be able to help?

carper 14:27 28 Dec 2007

Have you tried this forum. The members are very helpful

click here

Secondly did you try to import by Firewire rather than USB. Best of luck Carper

anchor 14:29 28 Dec 2007

WMM will not import mpg video.

Have I understood you correctly; you downloaded the mpg file to the PC, then converted it to avi format. WMM then refuses to import this new avi video file. Are you using XP or Vista?

Is your movie in HD?; it appears that WMM for HD is only found in Vista Ultimate or Home Premium.

click here

RobCharles1981 14:40 28 Dec 2007

I'm using XP,

I had no trouble the first time when I imported the movies direct from the camera, it seems now the camera is giving up on me. It says that it doesn't recognise the camera when it is Windows Picks up the camera and on the disaplay screen it just says "connecting Do not unplug the USB ect bla bla"

This is weird.

anchor 14:59 28 Dec 2007

Yes, it is odd. I always use firewire to upload pictures to the computer directly into WMM.

I have just tried to edit an mpg video in WMM and had trouble. I then converted it into AVI using Super C, and all went well.

However, it seems you now have problems importing video. Could it be a bad connection to your USB?; try a different lead if you can.

RobCharles1981 15:37 28 Dec 2007

I have just tried to edit an mpg video in WMM and had trouble. I then converted it into AVI using Super C, and all went well.

Yep your Idea worked, I don't know why it won't let me import them from the Camera it claimed it couldn't detect the camera.

I wonder the weather or not the camera might be a bit lame?

Ok I got one of my movies in the timeline now and its showing three slides I want to edit some bits out how can I do it??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?